Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gathering Information; It's An Adventure!

Hello Reader,

Relocating from one corner of the country to another is one of the more difficult situations I have ever put myself in. I have had my fair share of freak outs over the past eight months - which is to be expected I think. More recently, I have these little moments (typically on my walk to public transportation to get to work) where I think, "...I live here...huh..." Overall, the transition has not been as rough as I anticipated *knock on wood* ...

I believe I owe this positive perspective to some advice I received as I was embracing the idea of living in Arizona. Simply put, this whole thing is an adventure. I am just gathering information - daily, I have discovered - on my personal preferences about my living environment, my job, my life. I keep these reminder on post-it notes on the bathroom mirror (now counter, since they lost their stickiness) as a daily reminder.



On the more difficult days, I think of them more as my purpose than a reminder. I am here to figure out what I want next, and I need as much information about that as I can possibly soak up! It is a good way to refocus my thinking away from the 3,000 miles that separate me from everything in Maine. I do not regret this move at all. I feel so lucky to be where I am and to have so many incredible opportunities on the horizon. I am beginning to think I received only one job offer for a reason. This is only the start of a wonderful adventure.

Thanks for reading!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment