Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Take me to Vacationland!

Hello Reader,

Approximately one week from right now I will be wrapping things up at new student orientation to hop on a bus to take me to my apartment to grab my luggage before getting back on a bus that will take me to the lightrail, which will take me to the shuttle that takes me to the airport where I will hop on my plane back home to Maine!!! *Happy dance* Technically, I have to hang out in Jersey for a bit on my layover, but whatever, at least I'll be back on the east coast!

Acadia National Park - Photo by Molly Schenck

I must say, Vacationland has a whole new meaning to me now. I thought it was kind of cool to live in a place known as Vacationland because I never had to go anywhere to be on a relaxing vacation. Now, it means more to me. I am so happy to be heading home for a 10 day vacation where I can relax by the lake in non-triple digit temperatures.

I should also add whenever I think/say/hear the word "vacationland" I think of the the Elvis song, "Promised Land." It is a very suitable song for my travel across the country...well, I'm traveling the opposite direction as the song and Elvis never sang about Arizona, Maine or Jersey in that journey, BUT it sort of works... Who cares!? I'm coming home in a week!

Finally, I want to leave you with this fun scene that has been bouncing around in my head this past week. As I said, "vacationland" makes me think of "Promised Land" and, well, "Promised Land" makes me think of the tunnel scene from Men In Black. So, combining all of that, the scene in my head has Tommy Lee Jones, upside-down, singing along to Elvis and replacing the words"Promised Land" with "Vacationland." The scene is below if you need some help envisioning it. Enjoy!


Thanks for reading!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment