Sunday, August 25, 2013

Post Yoga Thoughts on Letting Go

Hello Reader,

I have had yet another yoga epiphany, more of a mini one this time around I guess. I can't quite articulate what came from it, but I know something did.

This one came from focusing on my breath. I noticed I forcibly exhale, when instead, I should simply let go of it.

So, I took this and applied it immediately to letting go in the poses, which lead to some pretty deep hip openers, and hip openers lead to mega emotions. I'm not exactly sure what these emotions were in reaction too, especially since humans hold old emotions in the hips, but it felt good to let them go.

I've been noting where in my body I feel tension lately - it probably comes with the dance territory - and it certainly feels a tad-bit crunchy all over. Now I will focus more on letting go of that tension, not forcing it out. There's a lot more relief that comes with letting go than with forcing something out.

Thanks for indulging my mini yoga epiphany!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment