Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cinco de Mayo with Dana Carvey

Hello Reader,

I realize that this is a rather outdated post since Cinco de Mayo over two weeks ago, but better late than never! 

I thought I would embrace Cinco de Mayo more than ever before since I was now in the southwest. Well, I tried, but sort of failed. I few months ago I had purchase tickets to see Dana Carvey at a comedy club for May 5th, not thinking it was Cinco de Mayo - oops. But it was Dana Carvey, how was I suppose to pass that up?! I thought, perhaps I will have a margarita at happy hour before the show and that would be my way of celebrating Cinco de Mayo...well, the $8 lemon-coconut-thingy won over the $12 margarita....  

At the show I thought about getting nachos or tacos perhaps with a dos equis. But they didn't have dos equis and the burgers looked really good. So I had an iced tea and a maple bacon, BBQ burger with sweet potato fries - delicious. At this point in the evening, I failed in the drink and dinner Cinco de Mayo celebration, but I had one more plan to celebrate with dessert... 

...I was going to make piñata cookies!

Well, the show ran later than expected and I was tired and I didn't read the recipe in full - I had to refrigerate the dough over night - so, I didn't make them on Cinco de Mayo...it was more like Ocho De Mayo. Oops. They are a fun cookie I recommend making them, but plan accordingly since they are a little high maintenance. You can see the steps in my Piñata Cookies post!

So, Cinco de Mayo was not the fiesta I thought it would be - but who am I kidding, I'm not a fiesta kind of person. It was certainly the most memorably Cinco de Mayo, and perhaps the only time I have "celebrated" it. Not everyone can say they spent Cinco de Mayo with the one and only Dana Carvey. It was an amazing show! He did so many impressions: Church Lady, Obama, George Bush Sn., George W. Bush, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Schwarzenegger, Hans (or Franz, I always switch them), AND he sung the acoustic version of chopping broccoli. (If you do not know that song, see below.)




It was a great Cinco de Mayo!

Thanks for reading!

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment