Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Beer and gelato!


Hello Reader,

It's Arizona Beer Week! This annual event was started by local brewers to support the craft brew industry and they also give back to local charities in AZ. I've been on a bit of a go local kick lately, so I felt the need to support this and the businesses involved.


There are literally hundreds of beer related happenings across the state this week. There are events for everyone from tastings to educational to pub crawls (which in turn support public transportation). I stumbled upon a flyer for a special at a local brewery and I knew it was the one I needed to check out ... Beer Float Sampler!


A local brewery paired four of their beers with four flavors of gelato for a very satisfying dessert! My two favorites were the pale ale with a blood orange gelato and a vanilla porter with a vanilla bean gelato. Delicious! I was a tad-bit disappointed that these were not served in mini cola glasses for that retro vibe, but oh well.


Cheers!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment