Sunday, April 14, 2013

Apology for lack thereof writing, plus a new favorite thing in AZ

Hello Reader,

Forgive me blogging world for I have - once again - totally dropped the ball with the regular posting goal of 2013. In my defense, it's been a little crazy out here. Details will come out in time and over blog posts, but for now, let's focus on my new favorite thing in AZ ...

Rooftop Yoga!

Oh my goodness, rooftop yoga is amazing. Pure happenstance I found out about this and I'm so glad I did. Life the past few months has been crazy and bringing it back to the yoga mat regularly has definitely helped. As I've said before, there is something about doing yoga outside that forces you to be here in the present. I also think to sit in stillness outside in the middle of a busy city adds to the experience. It reminds me that no matter how crazy life is, it is possible to find peacefulness. 


There's a lot of philosophy shared in this yoga class that has truly been speaking to me and where I am in life at this moment.  She talks about the courage it takes to try something new and go into the unknown, how vulnerability is going to be a part of any new experience and to note what your reaction is to it, and  she talks about being in the present not worrying about the future or dwelling on the past. Some of her comments have hit me harder than expected (I changed my intention at one point mid practice to 'I will not cry in yoga' because of a few statements that conjured up mega emotions). But I think I've connected with this philosophy because I needed to have something to hang on to. I have carried those lessons from the mat into life which is the purpose of it anyways.

Thanks for reading!

Namaste.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment