Friday, April 19, 2013

The Cupcake Obsession Continues ...

Hello Reader,

I think I've been doing a mighty fine job of not posting about food for a while and as a reward to myself, I'm going to post about food :-)

Last year for the birthday boy, I made chocolate stout cupcakes with an Irish cream butter cream frosting...this year I stepped it up a notch and made Irish car bomb cupcakes.


Same cake as last year, chocolate stout ...


... then I scooped out the centers (and ate them) ...


... so I could fill it with a dark chocolate whiskey ganache ...


... and then topped off these beauties with some Irish cream butter cream frosting ...


Ta da!


Thanks for reading! Go eat a cupcake!

- M

P.S. These are not the only cupcakes I've had in the past month, but by far the most recorded. My next cupcake mission to to learn how to make a half baked peanut butter cookie cupcake (chocolate chip cake, with peanut butter cookie dough, and a chocolate frosting.) It was unreal.

2 comments: