Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mainers in AZ!

Hello Reader,

Maine is a somewhat isolated place hanging out in the far northeast corner of he country. It's rare that people happen to pass through Maine, it's more of a well planned destination.

Out here, not so much. Mainers are passing through here all the time for conferences, shows, travel, and visiting me for vacation. I love it! It's fun to play tourist while I have visitors, then go back to living the day to day life. I think this place is great for anyone to visit since there are so many things to do. I'm not saying this as a shameless plug to encourage more visitors (of whom I will always accept), it is a simple observation I've made with friends out here. I have an eclectic group of friends - and I mean that in the nicest way - and each time one visits I've discovered a new layer to this city .

And the first thing any Mainer does out here??? 

Classic pic with a cactus! See Mum below at the Desert Botanical Gardens.



Miss. Tori came out last month and I will be posting a recap blog of her visit soon. And Chica (Ashleigh) will be out in two days (AH!) and I will be writing about that as well (we have a few pretty awesome things happening). 

In the meantime, you can check out posts from some other Mainers that visited last year about this time:

"Health Win: Yoga and Water Galor" by Miss. Cassandra (The Lyric Locket) 

"We're Gonna Turn This Party Out"... by Cait (The White Beyonce)


Thanks for reading!

- M




4 comments:

  1. Agreed, Maine and Arizona are both great places to love and/or visit. I can't wait to head back to ME this summer for a much needed visit. And, that's one heck of a cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment!

      I couldn't agree more - getting out of here in the summer to head to Maine is a huge relief :-)

      Delete
  2. Haha! It's true! The first thing Caitlin and I did was take a picture with a cactus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to find the pic of you two poking out from behind the cactus, because it's cute and it simply screams tourist :-P

      Delete