Saturday, May 18, 2013

Road trip!

Hello Reader,


This past week I traveled to Tucson with some colleagues to present at and attend a conference. I realize that this trip was just a warm up for my trip to NYC, now I am really, really ready to head to NYC.

While Tucson may have just been a teaser trip for the Big Apple, it was certainly a great change of scenery and broke up the mundane daily routine I operate on. Most of my time was spent at the conference but when we got out of breakout sessions and the hotel room, I was able to snap some pictures - food is, as always, well represented ... check them out below!

Good morning, Tucson!


German Chocolate Cupcake Whoopie Pie from B-Line ... amazing ... I shouldn't have eaten it in one sitting all by myself, but I did!


The conference was next to the University of Arizona campus (ASU's biggest rival) and in the distance you can see U of A's A Mountain that Sun Devil's will try to paint gold during rival football games.


There was a lovely sitting area dedicated to women on the U of A campus with these tiles covered in quotes ... I got a little carried away in there with all the picture, I really liked the area!


















And some more pictures from campus ...


We discovered a delicious frozen yogurt place (I think it was called Parlor ... Their tag line was "We'll never ask your weight" which was true because it's $3 for a small froyo cup regardless of how much goodness you cram into it.) Anyways, I got nutella and prickly pear froyo and it was very, very satisfying.


For my readers who are unfamiliar with the desert fruit called prickly pear (except when followed by the word "margarita" - you know who you are) below is a picture I took at the Desert Botanical Garden of a prickly pear cactus ... and that is what you are consuming.


Thanks for reading!

- M













No comments:

Post a Comment