Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm in a New York State of Mind!

Hello Reader,

A week from today I am taking off for a jam-packed 48 hours in NYC! I am so excited! I need a getaway and this one is working out just perfectly! I haven't taken a spontaneous trip since I went to Cali post undergraduate graduation ... apparently, I catch a spontaneous travel bug pre-graduate school...

(From my summer of '09 trip to California)


NYC will be a great vacation - it will be fun to be a tourist. I think my need for a semi-impromptu trip is a sign that I truly consider AZ one of my homes now. I'm settling in and I know I will be here for at least several more years - plenty of time to get to all the places I want to. When I do travel these days the trips are well planned breaks back to home in ME ... which, to be honest, are anything but a vacation since I'm running all over the state soaking up as much Maine as I possible can from the food to the ocean and let's not forget all those amazing people back east I must spend some quality time with!

So, this NYC trip is going to be a perfect mini-vacation.

Fingers-crossed that I meet my crazy high expectations for this trip!


Oh, and prepare yourself for a slew of NYC related quotes over the next two ish weeks!

Thanks for reading!

- M


No comments:

Post a Comment