Monday, May 13, 2013

Starting to feel like summer

Hello Reader,

(I'm posting this one a few days late, but better late than never! )

It's starting to feel like summer around here - and I'm not referring to the triple digit temperatures. For me, a shift in campus climate signifies summer. The biggest indicator is all my students have disappeared to focus on finals mostly, some are in a panic because they have failed their final requirement for graduation, but most are doing well and off to the next step - hallelujah! 

Now, don't get me wrong, I adore my students, it's why I'm in the job I am and why I plan to work in higher education the rest of my life. However, I love when the majority of them leave for summer. There are 50,000 students in this one square mile of campus and it's just a little too cozy for my liking sometimes.

In the summer campus is quite, my schedule is quiet, it's a glorious change of pace. I am able to sit outside on my lunch break in peace and quiet and in shady spots that are hard to find when you're competing with tens of thousands of people. It allows me to truly re-energize on my lunch break. I am welcoming this transition to summer.


I hope whatever your summer transition looks like it is happening smoothly as well.

Thanks for reading!

- M



No comments:

Post a Comment