Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Embracing Winter in AZ

Hello Reader,

With all this cold weather I am soaking up as much winterness as possible before it is over (it's supposed to be 70 at the end of the week...unfortunately). Here are my favorite four things I can do as long as the temperatures stay in the 60's and below.

 #1: Bust out the rarely used sweater section of my wardrobe. Once upon a time, I had more out here, but now most have returned to Maine or been donated.


#2: Dust off the slow cooker and put it to good use with all those soup/stew/stoup recipes that haven't been used in nearly ten months.


#3: Enjoy hot beverages like hot chocolate and hot coffee without breaking a sweat.


#4: Putting the fireplace to work every single day. Fun fact, the fireplace turns on and off with a light switch. No wood to stack, matches to light, newspaper to crumple, or kindling to toss in. Just flip the switch. I don't think Arizonians know how good they have it sometimes.


Thanks for reading!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment