Friday, January 18, 2013

Food Truck Friday!!!

Hello Reader,

As promise, a post about food trucks!! I have decided I really love food truck and street food. The food selection at most trucks is somewhat limited but everything is so delicious and I have never been disappointed!

Every Friday the Phoenix Public Market hosts Food Truck Friday! Local food trucks circle up in the open market at lunchtime to bring the best of Southwest cuisine to the streets. I happened to have some time off today for a doctors appointment and I may have taken the extreme scenic route to work by going into Phoenix and then backtracking to Tempe just so I could get in on the Food Truck Friday action.


I discovered today I could not capture the cozy, festive atmosphere this venue instantly becomes, but you get the idea of it, we're surrounded by food trucks!


People were flocking from all directions on their Friday lunch break since it certainly was a beautiful day for a food truck lunch! (A beautiful, 70 degree, winter day.)


I'm not very good at making decisions when it comes to food, so this food truck environment is hard for me. Everything looks so good and smells so good and the people standing out front are really nice plus each food truck has some sort of gimmick to suck you in - like the mini hamburger cookie you get when you order a regular hamburger that mum and I split when she was visiting.


 Today, I fell for the mason jar. And I will return with my mason jar for a discount on more of that passion fruit lemonade. The quesadilla and Mexican shrimp cocktail is also worth returning for.


Since it was a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree, winter day out here, I thought eating lunch in the park would be absolutely perfect. And it was.


Mid-lunch, a photo journalism class was out with their telephoto lenses which was weird because I am pretty sure they were taking pictures of me since I was the only subject in the direction they were pointing their lenses. Future paparazzi perhaps? Well, I thought it was only fair to take a picture of them.


I also made a new friend during lunch in the park. I named him Benny the Bird. 


I could not have asked for a better Friday!

Thanks for reading!

- Molly

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took pictures of them back! I am currently compiling a collection of mason jars and plan to only drink out of them- its so cute. That mini hamburger cookie would suck me in every time.

    I remember when lunch trucks came on to the scene here. Last year the idea of lunch trucks made the NEWS. I heard about them on the news in Bangor and they were only in Portland. I guess Maine is fascinated by them and I hope they reach Orono STAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's why I am obsessed with them too. You should start a food truck in Orono - Cass'Cart!

      Delete