Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I want a snow day ....

Hello Reader,

I want a snow day. I want to wake up in the morning with the hope of no work because the campus is closed due to inclement weather. And I want to hear the Storm Center music that means that hope could become reality.


But that doesn't happen here...it is always a perfect day.


The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and there is not a cloud for miles.


Now, let me clarify, I am not complaining about the weather - every day is seriously gorgeous - I'm complaining about the lack of variety in the weather. Specifically, the kind that makes it impossible to get out of your front door so you go back to bed and curl up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

I guess what I am really saying is I miss snow/Maine, and I should probably take a day off to read a good book for fun and drink a chocolate beverage that is iced ... it's too warm for hot drinks. Maybe that is what I really want.

As for today, it was 70 degrees - in JANUARY.  Maybe, one day, that will seem normal. But for now, it's too warm and I want a snow day. 


Thanks for reading!

- M

2 comments:

  1. You should TOTALLY take a day off, read a book, and maybe (it would be pricey), but blast that air conditioner high enough so the temperature is appropriate for hot coco and warm blankets. Sometimes I think the winters in Maine are too harsh for me, but then a snow day comes along and I think, it isn't TOO bad. That is some pretty looking weather in those pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we're suppose to reach "Arizona Zero" sometime this weekend ... i.e. 50 degrees! So maybe I will get my chance, and if not, I am taking your advice!

    ReplyDelete