Sunday, January 6, 2013

From ME to AZ Photo Project, pt. I


Hello Reader,

As promised, two blog posts in one weekend!

While I was in Maine over winter break, I was asked on several occasions something to the effect of, "Is Arizona different than Maine?"  And my answer is always "Yes" with a slight undertone of "Duh." Typically the conversation will evolve from there to do I think it is better, how is it different, which do I like more, etc. My stock answer is always about how, "..you can't compare the two, they're so different, apples and oranges, really..." But as I continued to think about these proposed questions, it inspired me to complete a mini photo project. I am a very visual person, and I think we live in a visually stimulating world, so this is how I have chosen to best express the stark, aesthetic contrast between Maine and Arizona (hence my hint yesterday with my ASU and UMaine bears, get it?). I took all of these images over the past year while bouncing between the two places I call home. Enjoy part one!



Cobbossee Lake at home in Maine & the no name lake at my apartment complex in Arizona


Cacti at the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix & snow covered rocks at the lake in Maine

Sun flare through the snow covered trees in Maine & over the town of Tempe


I cheated a little on this next one...but visually speaking, I think this pair makes sense. 

Tempe Town Lake in Arizona & Stillwater River in Orono, Maine.


Spiky plant life in Arizona and Maine


And one of my favorite...

Sandstorm in Arizona & snowstorm in Maine, also known as a Haboob and Nor'easter

Thanks for reading!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment