Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions Continued...

Hello Reader,

First, I want to say how proud I am of myself for completing two posts within the first three days of the new year - yay for starting things off right!

Second, I am working on completing projects regularly. I often buy all the supplies for said projects and then the supplies just take up space. Well, I have already completed my first project of 2013! I made chalkboard paint! I was so surprised it actually worked! Check out my new chalkboard below.

photo.JPG

Third, I have continued to do some thinking and reflecting on 2012 and what 2013 may be shaping up to be. I am going to call them "Reflection Games" because I have no idea how else to refer to them. 

The first one was "Learn from your successes, Mad-Lib style" from Self Magazine. This one forces you to focus on achievements of the past year, which is a good thing. Plus, t has some humor which is a necessary thing I think. 

photo.JPG

The other Reflection Game I completed was, "What a Year It's Been" that I found here. This one is technically for children...but I found it rather deep and thought provoking. 

photo.JPG

I think this is what resolutions should look like; focus on the highlights and what exciting possibilities may pop up in the following year. Since taking a little more time to think about all of this, I know I could at least double if not triple my list of what I am looking forward to in 2013.

And finally, just to balance out all these positive, warm-fuzzy feelings is a Calvin and Hobbes comic about resolutions to add a little snark to the day.



Thanks for reading!

- M

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I love the snark at the end! I can't see the other pictures for some reason :( I think its so cool that you made your own chalkboard paint. I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't "snark" a great word?? I tried reloading the images, can you see them now? I look forward to your post about chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete