Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year from AZ!

Hello Reader,

I have - once again - failed to keep up with blogging. So, it is now part of my New Years Resolutions!

With that being said, I have some mixed feelings about new years resolutions and I feel I should air them before continuing.

I have been rather cynical all New Year's Day because I do not see today as the start of the new year, I see it as the end of my 10 day vacation. As a result, I have been doing some reflecting on what this time has meant in past years. I used to write down regrets I had of the year and tear them up at midnight and resolve to not live with those regrets in the following year. I eventually ran out of regrets at the end of the year since I had resolved to not make them again, so I hopped on board with this resolution thing - sort of. I do want to incorporate more reading and writing into my daily life and adopt more of a "just do it" attitude to cut down on procrastination which should allow for more time for such things. I think it is important to remember that anyone can make a resolution at any time. There is a "clean slate" feeling that comes with a new year, however, why wait til January 1st try something new or start a new habit? Change takes time, and new habits take 21 days to form (according to Twyla Tharp). So, as I am trying to squeeze this blog post in before the end of the first day of the new year, I will work on my new resolutions and consider each day a new chance to embrace them.

Finally, the ode-to-2012 Facebook posts are in abundance this year with themes of "ups and downs" and "lessons learned" and "personal growth." I just want to say, I hope when anyone looks at any 365 days in their life that it is filled with lessons learned from ups and downs and they've grown as an individual because of it. It is not because of 2012, it is simply life. My 2012 was certainly full of ups and downs, lessons learned, and lots and lots of personal growth and as a way to keep record of it, I will continue to blog.

Here's to an amazing 2013 - Cheers!


Thanks for reading.


- M

No comments:

Post a Comment